Benefits of 3M™ Foam Tape
3M™ Durable Labels consist of an adhesive coated on a backing that is then sandwiched in between a facestock. Depending on the particular facestock, a topcoat may also be applied to aid print receptivity. 3M has over 150,000 combinations of adhesives, topcoats, facestocks and liners available to help meet unique needs and expectations.
Navigating through the available label options of 3M label stocks can, on the surface, seem difficult. Let Tekra's years of adhesive industry knowledge make this process easy for you. Having an understanding of a label's primary function will allow us to help you select the proper label for your particular application. Knowing the surface type the label will be in contact with and if it will subjected to any unusual conditions is two of the most critical pieces of information we'll ask for. The label's ultimate adhesive requirements will come next. 3M offers a variety of both solvent and emulsion adhesive families that will allow your label to either be:
Features of 3M Labels
Not only is the adhesive choice a primary variable when selecting a product, the facestock plays an integral role as well. Some of 3M's facestocks and their distinguishing features include:
- Polyester Labels- Clear, rigid film with high tensile strength, tear resistant.
- Polyethylene Labels- High tear resistance and elongation with low tensile strength.
- Vinyl Labels- Flexible, semi-rigid or rigid. Low tear resistance, good outdoor weatherability.
- Polystyrene Labels- Economical, hard, rigid film. Not recommended for outdoor use.
- Polypropylene Labels- Semi-hard film with high tear resistance.
- Polyimide Labels- Ultra-high temperature performance.
- Acrylate Labels- Ultra-high temperature performance and chemical resistance.
- Polycarbonate Labels- Good chemical resistance and excellent moisture resistance.
- Aluminum Foil Labels- Top coated for ink receptivity and great for embossing.
Finally, having an understanding of a label's ultimate shape and surface conditions and knowing what type of equipment a label will be printed on will help us direct you to the correct label for your application.
- Special Tapes and Adhesives
- Polycarbonate Film (Sabic Lexan) PC Film
- Surface Protection Tapes / Low tack PE Film
- Scapa Tape
- Double Side Tape - (General Purpose)
- Self Adhesive Vinyls Film (Screen Printable)
- 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tapes
- 3M™ Single Coated Tapes
- 3M™ Double Coated Tapes
- 3M™ Electronics Assembly Solutions
- 3M™ Foam Tapes
- 3M™ Medical Materials and Technologies
- 3M™ Performance Label Materials
- 3M™ VHB™ Tapes
- 3M™ Commercial Solutions
- 3M™ Membrane Switch Spacers
- 3M™ Reclosable Fasteners